Saturday, February 14, 2009

The First Week of Teaching

This past week was my first week of teaching the little runts. I have to say it is alot different than i ever thought it would be. We have a few little brats in our classes, and they remind me of two people in my life when they were little, i am not naming any names but (Krista, and what i have heard of Bastian). I have a home class where the six kids our like my own kids for the year. I LOVE THEM!!! I have Kevin, Mary, Ella, Jason, Jack, and Leo, luckily they are (well from what i have heard from the other teachers) Is very quiet and behaved. The funny thing is in my class they are so out of control, but in a fun way. I am having a hard time with some of the other kids in the other classes but these are just things that will get better with time. I have learned that i never want to teach Elementry kids EVER. It is one thing to have kids of your own, but it is another to teach 30 kids that are not yours. We have this one kid peter who is the biggest of all the trouble makers, he interrupts all of your lessons and never obeys. Then there is Joe, for some reason none of the other teachers seem to have a problem with Joe like I do. There are also a few girls Susie, and crystal who are so in La La land every time you look at them you just want to laugh. Crystal always has her hands down here pants ALWAYS, and susie just stands and looks in the sky. I think the hardest part with the kids is some of them understand fully, and some of the kids have no knowledge whatsoever of what we are saying. There are six different categories that we switch off teaching and I am in charge of gym. I was so excited for mine until I actually had to do it. The hard part about my category is that everything is very activtive and not in a sitting down area like the rest of them. My room is quiet small so i do most everything outside. When we are outside there is no way to control these kids while they are standing next to all of there toys. Again I know after time and practice this will all get better, but right now it is my challenge. I really do love the kids so very much and I am so excited to love them even more. We are driving a few hours tomorrow to go to our first Church session. I am so very excited to take the sacrament and be in that setting again! I love you all

No comments: