Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our First Chinese Birthday Party

Last night we had one of our new students Ryan have a birthday. His mom invited us all to come to his party last night. It was so fun and interesting to watch. I learned how to sing Happy Birthday in Chinese and we sat around and talked for most of the time. The cake was like angel food cake with whipping cream and fruit and tomatoes on top. On the inside it has smashed up red beans. What is it with people and there random surprises inside of bread? All the adults there had us introduce our selves to them, we had to tell them what we like to do and our names. When I told them i liked to dance they all started chanting and telling me to dance. I had no idea what to do so i did the splits they were all impressed. Then my friend Lindsay told them she liked to sing and they wanted her to perform while i danced, so she stood up and I got on my knees and she sang Mary had a little lamb and i walked around like i was her lamb. It was so funny and they were laughing so hard. It was so cool to experience something like the in China just to watch others interact with each other is amazing to me for some reason. Just as a side note ever since yesterday it has been so humid here. there has not been a time since yesterday morning where i have not been all sweaty and sticky. I MISS THE SNOW (that is something i never thought i would say) well I love and miss you all... HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the birthday party was so fun. What a great experience. I hope you got a lot of pictures.